Creative Digital Assistant (Home-based – 1 day per week) – Elevate Project
Salary – £120 per day
From September 2016 – August 2018, Elevate will enable Essex Cultural Diversity Project(ECDP) and Take the Space(TTS) to work with regional and national NPO’s to develop both organisations artistic practice and embed their work across the East and South East to create a strong infrastructure for diversity in the region. Through Elevate both organisations will work with partners in the region to explore opportunities for touring, talent exchange, co-commissions and creating a pipeline for artist development in South East and London regions.
The key focus of the role is to be working as an assistant to the ECDP Project Manager & TTS Executive Producer to provide day-to-day administrative support and to have responsibility for digital media channels including Facebook, ECDP Website, Twitter, Linked in and TTS Newsletter.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist in collecting, inputting, editing and creating content for social media and developing a social media presence including bi-monthly newsletter.
- Act as a main point of contact for the creative support for ECDP & TTS
- To undertake administration duties including diary management, taking messages/directing calls, organising travel when required, online filing, attending meetings (online and in person), minute taking; and managing invoices and expenses using in-house system.
- Liaising with partner organisations, stakeholders and other organisations through the project in particular diary booking and general administration
- Supporting the delivery of two Creative Case events through the project and facilitated meetings
- Keeping up to date information on both TTS and ECDP website and social media.
- Facilitating data collection as required by the project
- To maintain and develop databases, accurately inputting new information as necessary.
- To attend appropriate meetings along with members of the team and prepare accurate notes of outcomes and follow up activity as required.
- Research and collation of information as required by the project, particularly for evaluation purposes
The ideal candidate will be:
- Digitally savvy, with a strong knowledge of social media platforms and IT skills
- Personable, proactive and able to communicate with people at all levels with a helpful and accommodating approach.
- Excellent office admin, organisational, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable solving problems and multitasking
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality.
- Experience of using video editing software would be desirable for evaluation purposes
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Basic knowledge of the cultural sector
- Have a demonstrable commitment to diversity and equality
- Be able to work from home
Please send your CV with a 1-page cover letter outlining how your skills match the requirements of the job. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd December 2016
Interviews will be held in early January.
This role is to start from January for an 18-month period.